SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Governor Jerry Brown announced the appointment of 33 California Superior Court judges, including the first female judge ever appointed to the Glenn County Superior Court.
41-year-old Alicia Ekland of Chico is the name of the new judge.
Over the years she has worked as a lawyer and a volunteer. She has served as Glenn County counsel since 2016.
Ekland is going to fill a vacancy created by the retirement of Superior Court Judge Peter Twede.
- Gov. Brown Appoints First Female Judge to Glenn Co. Superior Court
- Trinity County's Presiding Superior Court Judge Resigns
- Gov. Brown Discusses California Wildfires
- Butte County Superior Court Selects Chico Alumna as Court Commissioner
- Gov. Brown blocks parole for Manson follower
- Glenn County Election Results
- Glenn County Road Closures
- Gov. Brown Lowers Capitol Flags for Carr Fire Victims
- Gov. Brown Set to Visit Redding after Carr Fire Destruction
- Gov. Brown Signs Oroville Dam Safety Legislation Into Law