REDDING, Calif.- Hundreds gathered at the Good News Rescue Mission in Redding to enjoy a warm meal and entertainment.
The Good News Rescue Mission hosts its Christmas Celebration Banquet each year.
Community members were treated Friday afternoon to live music and food. This year's menu included mashed potatoes, ham, and green beans.
The goal of the mission is to help the less fortunate by providing food, clothes, and shelter this holiday season.
Executive Director of the mission says the holidays are a special time to help those who are less fortunate.
"This is just so dear to our hearts because we are all about just creating that community of love, where oppression can no longer exist," says Jonathan Anderson, executive director for Good News Rescue Mission."We are bringing all the demographics of the community together and we're just celebrating eachother and the love we have for eachother."
Community members also pitched in so dinner guests had access to warm coats.
- Good News Rescue Mission hosts its annual Christmas Celebration Banquet
- Annual Good News Rescue Mission holiday dinner
- Good News Rescue Mission and Taylor Motors host the 18th Annual Stuff the Truck
- Oroville Rescue Mission to host Christmas Eve community dinner
- Cannabis Business to Open Next to the Good News Rescue Mission
- Redding Residents Splash For Fun While Helping ‘Good News Rescue Mission’
- Cannabis Grow Facility to Move in Next Door to the Good News Rescue Mission
- 40th annual Christmas Preview
- Oroville Rescue Mission pre-signup turkey giveaway
- Oroville Fraternal Order of Eagles host annual Christmas Dinner