OAKLAND, Calif. - The Golden State Warriors hosted the Paradise High School varsity basketball team at its home game on Wednesday against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
In addition to inviting the team to the game, they also auctioned off jerseys to raise money for victims and gave the students a chance to meet players before the game.
Survivors of the fire say that they enjoyed the experience.
I lost my voice because the smoke in Paradise was so bad," said one of the students at the game. "It won't be hampering my cheering tonight, so I'm pretty excited."
The team took a few moments to honor victims during the game and are also launching a Crowdrise site to contribute to ongoing relief efforts.
- Golden State Warriors Host Paradise High School Basketball Teams
- Sacramento Kings Host Paradise High School Basketball Teams
- Paradise High School Bullying
- Sacramento Kings Honor Paradise Basketball Teams
- Chico State men's basketball team hosts Red/White Scrimmage
- Paradise High School Resumes Classes
- Paradise High School hosts summer programs for students, athletes
- Paradise High Football Returns: The Team
- Paradise High School Survives Camp Fire
- Paradise High School Resumes Classes Jan. 8