SHASTA COUNTY, Calif - Bryton and Bowen Lockwood are four and two years old, at a glance they may look healthy.
But in 2016, Bowen was diagnosed with Leukemia at 9-months-old.
Six months later, his older sister Bryton was diagnosed with rare cancer that weakens the muscles.
She was three years old.
"A better part of five months I was in the hospital. for the first three months, I don't think we went home. we were just in the room," said dad Isaac.
Now, Shasta County law enforcement officers and the community is coming together and going green to help the Lockwoods.
"We are doing this in honor of that family and show that we are trying to support them," said Anderson Police Leuitenant Rocky Harpham.
It’s part of a challenge with St. Baldwin’s.
Where the community can either shave their heads or donate money to childhood cancer, and with the help of Signarama in Redding, the Anderson Police Department and Shasta County Sheriffs have wrapped their cars in preparation for the event in honor of Bryton and Bowen.
"I was surprised and honored obviously I was just hoping this is just big enough to get it out there and raise some money," said Isaac.
The Lockwood’s say they aren’t sure how law enforcement even found out about their family but they are touched to have this support from the community.
Adding they’re just glad their story is ending on a good note.
"So far we have been a really good part of it all cuz we are doing really good Bowen is in remission it will be considered a year on may 25 of this year."
If you want to shave your head or get involved in donating here is the link.
- Going Bald for a Cure
- Second bald eagle hatches in Southern California mountains
- Bald Eagle Chicks Hatch on California's Channel Islands
- Oroville Hopes Cannabis will Cure budget woes
- American Cancer Society Pull For A Cure
- Chico First Responders and Families Pull For a Cure
- London patient might be second to be cured of HIV
- Hundreds walk with hope to find cure for Huntington's disease
- Trump says he goes to great lengths to hide his bald spot
- Bald eagle egg can be seen on Big Bear eagle cam