Photo Gallery 2 Images
The Los Molinos woman who survived the first fatal crash of the year in Butte County is still recovering from her injuries one week later.
The California Highway Patrol says the crash happened on highway 99 near Richvale on January 3rd.
A Chico woman, Holly Logan, was driving with her fiance in the passenger seat head north and veered into the opposing lane hitting 52-year-old Kimberlee Bainbridge head-on.
The woman's fiance 39-year-old Donald Hermann died on scene, but Bainbridge survived and was airlifted to Enloe Medical Center with major injuries.
Now Bainbridge is at home with a long road to recovery.
Her sister Naomi Welch, made a GoFundMe page for her explaining that Bainbridge is an Army Veteran and has worked as a registered nurse helping others for the last 12 years.
However, this crash has caused her to lose her source of income and totaled her car.
"I’m hoping that the community will find it in their heart to help so that she can focus on healing and not be emotionally stressed over how she is going to pay her rent and utilities and eventually obtain a replacement car during this horrible time in her life," said Welch.
She tells us they still don't know why logan veered into oncoming traffic last week.
Bainbridge told Reporter Sara Stinson, "Many people are surprised I survived a crash such as that and they say it's a miracle compared to the outcomes of similar crashes."
Here is the link to the page: https://www.gofundme.com/victim-of-head-on-collision
- GoFundMe page created for the woman who survived hwy 99 head-on crash
- HWY 99 NOW OPEN: Fatal head on crash near Biggs blocking both lanes of Hwy 99
- One dead after head-on crash at northbound Hwy 99
- Yuba City Woman Dies From Fatal Crash on Hwy 99
- Debris on Hwy 99 creates dangerous hazard for drivers
- Hwy 99 reopened after logging truck rollover
- One Person Killed in Head-On Crash on HWY 99 Near Richvale
- GoFundMe page started for the two young men killed in a crash on highway 70
- CHP confirms fatal crash blocking both lanes of Hwy 99 near Hwy 162 junction
- 400-Acre Fire Rips Through Butte County Farmland near Hwy 99