WILLOWS, Calif. -- On Monday the Glenn Groundwater Authority passed an operation fee increase for water service, despite meeting some opposition.
Anyone within the Glenn County portion of the Colusa subbasin except for Willows and Orland will have to pay the fee.
The board set the operation fee at $1.61 per acre, per year for the fiscal 2019-2020 year.
Willows and Orland agreed to pay for the operation fee within each of their city limits.
"I cannot afford another chance for taxes to be paid for by the people and I hope that it doesn't go over because the state will think of something next week," Gladys Bettencourt, a woman who lives in Willows.
"The bottom line is we don't manage the groundwater the state will come in and manage it for us and charge those excessive fees. So we're trying to be fair and impartial," said John Viegas, Vice Chair of Glenn Groundwater Authority.
The board set the maximum rate of $1.93 per acre, per year for the next five years.
The Glenn Groundwater Board said the first fee will show up in the December bill.
- Glenn Groundwater Authority approves operation fee increase for water service
- Glenn County to increase response to coronavirus
- Student Fees to Increase at Chico State
- Glenn County Election Results
- Glenn County Road Closures
- Glenn County Fair Preps
- Authorities identified couple killed on motorcycle in Glenn County
- Increased theft is costing Glenn County farmer thousands of dollars
- Redding City Council Approves fee Schedule for Retail Cannabis Businesses