One local non-profit is hoping that the North State opens their hearts, and their wallets, on the national day devoted to giving back.
Next Tuesday is "Giving Tuesday," where the public is asked to "give where you live" in order to benefit a range of local non-profits throughout the region via online donations.
The Museum of Northern California Art, or "monca," is in need of $50,000 to replace a busted climate control unit. Replacing it, they say, will provide a more immersive experience for all visitors.
Museum President Pat Macias said, "There's a lot of exhibitions that wouldn't be coming here because we wouldn't be up to their standards. Its also for the public. Obviously we want everyone to be comfortable."
- Giving Tuesday: monca asks for help fixing air conditioner
- MONCA presents What, Us Worry?
- Monca Presents ‘The Body Electric’
- Air conditioner's wiring may have caused structure fire
- MONCA seeks volunteers and promotes current exhibit
- Female Artists Showcased in new MONCA Exhibit
- New Exhibits Open Thursday at MONCA
- Monca thanks Veterans featuring 2 new exhibits
- ‘MONCA’ Honors Chico Female Artists from Back in the Day
- Giving Tuesday is tomorrow in the north state