CHICO, Calif. - Girls on the Run of the North State is expecting some big changes. The non-profit is expanding into Yuba, Sutter, and Colusa counties.
The new counties will bring the organization's territory to a total of nine counties that already include Butte, Glenn, Tehama, Shasta, Siskiyou, and Trinity counties.
Girls on the Run is an after-school program that focuses on youth empowerment for third through eighth-grade girls.
They help girls develop life skills cultivating confidence, responding to oneself and others with care and creating positive connections with peers and adults.
Each season ends with a 5K event to celebrate the girls' growth during the season.
In order for the organization to continue growing, Claire Johnson, Executive Director of Girls on the Run said the organization is moving away from the fall season.
They will be taking the fall season to recruit more coaches, promote the program into more schools, and raise more funds so that every girl has access.
For more information call 530-636-0786 or, CLICK HERE
- Girls on the Run of the North State will expand to 3 new counties
- Uber Eats Expands to the North State
- Registration underway for Girls on the Run North State
- Registration Underway for Girls on the Run North State
- Boys & Girls Club Expands in Chico
- Chico's Boundaries May Expand
- North State Halloween Costumes
- North State losing desirability?
- Silver alert issued for north state counties
- North State Christmas Dinner Traditions