CHICO, Calif. - A big financial boost for Chico State will allow for the renovation of a campus laboratory.
Dr. Doug Guerrero, founder of Chico Concrete Industry Management, presented a $300,000 check to university President Gayle Hutchinson and the College of Engineering.
The money will go toward renovation of the 60-year-old concrete and structural lab in Langdon Hall.
"Our dean always said that the most important part of a good engineering school is to have good lab facilities and when we got here we really found that we needed to improve things and we're working really hard to be able to bring our laboratories for teaching and research and student projects both for faculty and students up to real class standards and we're working hard to do that," Guerrero said.
The new facility will feature expanded storage for hands-on projects, new equipment and additional workspace for students and faculty.
The plan is to have the project done for classes next fall.
- Gift for Lab Renovation at Chico State
- Paradise Lens Lab reopens in Chico
- Chico Nissan Hyundai Undergoing Major Renovations
- 5 Chico schools undergo summer renovations
- Chico Police Arrest Armed Teen Stealing Gifts
- Drug agents bust meth and mescaline labs in Chico
- Butane honey oil lab explodes in North Chico neighborhood
- Chico's Bravest Get Special Gift From Chico's Youngest
- Chico State graduations continue
- Winter ‘Gift Show’ at the Chico Art Center