It's going to be a cooler and more comfortable day across Northern California today. A cooler system is approaching the Pacific Northwest, and that is going to bring some welcome changes to our region over the next couple of days. Skies are clear for the start of your Wednesday, but haze will continue to be a factor in areas closest to active fires. Air quality has improved overnight, and the majority of Northern California is starting out with air quality in the good range this morning. Temperatures are starting out in the high 50's to mid 60's in the valley, and in the mid 40's to low 50's in the mountains. Winds are mostly light and out of the East this morning, but you can expect winds out of the South to 10mph this afternoon. Skies will stay clear through the day, and any chance of showers will be well to our North. Humidity is expected to stay higher this afternoon, and is only projected to dip into the 30 to 45 percent range. High temperatures are projected to be in the 84 to 90 degree range in the valley this afternoon, while mountain areas top out in the low to mid 80's in most locations.
Your Thursday forecast is expected to be slightly cooler than today and most areas are projected to be a degree or two cooler than this afternoon. The cooler system tracking through to our North will exit to the East on Friday and that will result in a slightly warmer end to the work week. Valley areas will end up back in the high 80's to low 90's on Friday and will then be a degree or two warmer on Saturday. Most areas will stay at or just below average for temperatures this weekend. Sunday will be a touch cooler than Saturday, but will stay in roughly the same range. Your Labor Day Forecast looks nice, but warm. Valley areas will end up in the low to mid 90's on Monday afternoon, and will more than likely continue to be in that range through the middle of next week. Dry weather is expected to persist across our region through your extended forecast.
- Getting cooler today, but warming up for Labor Day Weekend
- Seasonally Warm Today, Cooler Weekend Ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm Labor Day weekend but cooler temperatures are in sight
- Labor Day Weekend Road Closures
- Staying Cool Today, Heating up for Labor Day Weekend
- Heating up for your Labor Day Weekend
- What to expect for Labor day weekend
- Lake Oroville ready for Labor Day Weekend
- Warming trend peaks today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Breezy, warm & sunny today, cooler by Valentine's