CHICO, Calif. - A excavator struck a gas line on Eaton Road just past Floral Ave around 11 a.m. in Chico.
Construction crews broke the line on Eaton road near Floral Ave. Chico Fire was at the scene wetting down the area to make sure there was no static electricity.
The wind blew into a couple of houses, Chico Fire evacuated two homes as a precautionary measure. PG&E crews worked to repair the ruptured gas line, crews were able to cap the leaking gas line around 11:30 a.m.
Floral and Eaton have since reopened.
- Gas leak on Eaton Road controlled
- Eaton Road extension project completed
- Gas leak evacuates Redding buildings
- 3-Car Crash Causes Chico’s Eaton Road to be Closed
- Meeting set to discuss proposed Eaton Road Roundabout
- Car crash into San Diego County home causes gas leak
- Gas leak in San Diego prompts evacuation of 1,100 homes
- Gas Leak Prompts Evacuation of Preschool in Anderson
- Snow, ice, gas leak cause Placer County students to evacuate
- Authorities investigating 2-car crash on Highway 99, Eaton Saturday