Update: 12:30 p.m., Friday, June 14, 2019 - Around noon, crews began letting people back into the Artistic Body & Paint shop with no word yet on the surrounding buildings.
It is expected that crews will be working in the area for the next few hours.
REDDING, Calif. - Several buildings have been evacuated after crews hit a gas line in Redding on Friday morning near Benton Drive on North Market Street.
Officials told Action News Now crews were fixing a sewer line behind Artistic Body & Paint when they hit a gas line just after 10 a.m.
Several buildings were evacuated in a 300-foot radius of the shop with one lane of North Market Street being shut down.
PG&E has clamped the gas line and are now working on repairs.
Both lanes of North Market Street are back open.
- Gas leak evacuates Redding buildings
- Gas leak in San Diego prompts evacuation of 1,100 homes
- Gas Leak Prompts Evacuation of Preschool in Anderson
- Snow, ice, gas leak cause Placer County students to evacuate
- Kilauea Volcano Leaking Lava, Evacuations Ordered
- Gas leak on Eaton Road controlled
- Person Building Fence at Chico Home Hits Gas Line, Causing Leak
- Car crash into San Diego County home causes gas leak
- Fire crews quickly patch Oroville airport gas leak
- Flooding Evacuations