NATIONAL -A crowd of mourners said goodbye to the Guatemalan migrant girl who died in US custody this month.
Friends and family Wednesday lowered the body of "Jakelin Caal" into a grave in a Guatemalan village.
Her mother was so devastated, she could not attend the funeral.
The 7-year-old died in a texas hospital from a high fever.
Jakelin's father remains in the US, where he and his daughter turned themselves in to US border agents, hoping to start a new life there.
On Tuesday, a second Guatemalan child died after being detained at the border.
This child was eight years old.
- Funerald Held for Guatemalan 7-Year-Old Who Died in US Custody
- 7-year-old child dies in New York house fire
- 7-year-old boy shot in love triangle feud
- 7-year-old Mason Gurney completes Mt. Shasta Climb
- Memorial held for couple that died in suspected DUI crash in Plumas County
- Philadelphia gunman in custody after hourslong standoff
- Pro-life rally held in Los Angeles
- Q&A on marijuana dispensaries held in Oroville
- Vigil held for the Parkland shooting victims
- Second gun-control rally held in Florida