Williams, Calif.--The community of Williams turned out in large numbers Monday night for a fundraiser to benefit family of a young mother who was found murdered in Woodland.
The fundraiser was held at Granzella's Banquet Hall where Garcia was an employee for six years.
Garcia's younger sister Jessica was killed in a wrong-way crash on I-5, and then two days later she was reported missing.
Less than a week after her disappearance, despite efforts to try and find her, she was found dead in her car by a coworker.
It has been a tough past two weeks for both Garcia's family, and her co-workers, but tonight they hoped the spaghetti dinner would bring them all together.
For ten dollars per person, guests were treated to spaghetti, salad and garlic bread.
Tootie Hackett is the kitchen manager at Granzella's and said she's been in contact with Garcia's family every other day.
"The family just needs a lot of support and they need justice, you know. They need justice, they need some peace, they need him found sot hey're not living in fear of him constantly maybe lurking to come take the baby. They need some justice," said Hackett.
While guests enjoyed their dinner, authorities continued to the search for her suspected killer, her ex-boyfriend Salvador Garcia Jr.
The Colusa Police Department believe he is driving around in a stolen 2011 black Toyota Sienna which has California plates 6NYB823.
Anyone with information, or if you've seen Salvador, is asked to contact the Colusa Police Department.
- Fundraiser held for family of Karen Garcia
- Fundraiser to be held for Karen Garcia
- Karen Garcia laid to rest in Williams
- Police: Karen Garcia murder suspect possibly driving stolen van
- Reward increased in search for Salvador Garcia Jr.
- Candlelight Vigil Held to Support Camp Fire Victims and Families
- Orland High School Car Fundraiser
- Kristi Yamaguchi on today’s judging system, Karen Chen and the rest of the talented ladies’ field
- Chico State hosting a 24-hour fundraising effort
- New Year's Eve fundraiser for Oroville veterans