Willows Methodist Church Pastor Dave Reick presented a check to "Wings of Eagles" Founder Georgia Alvarez this week for $2,811.11.
That's how much was raised for the non-profit at a Tri-tip Dinner and Magic Show Fundraiser at the Church on January 27th. It featured two magicians performing slight of hand, illusion and tricks with animals. 100% of the proceeds were donated to "Wings of Eagles" and the families they serve.
This Saturday, March 3rd, the 22nd Annual Bowl-a-thon for "Wings of Eagles: will be taking place at AMF Orchard Lanes in Chico. Several teams will compete, including: The Chico Active 20/30 Club, the Chico Breakfast and Noon Exchange Clubs, Chico Sprinkler, Stratti, The Mix, The Blaze and KPAY Radio Stations, Noah's Ark, Livin' on a Spare and many others. The team that raises the most money winds a sports prize getaway. The Community is invited, with photos with the Easter Bunny for children, bowling, a raffle, prizes and more. The Bowl-a-thon starts at Noon and runs until 4 p.m. Bowling starts promptly at Noon.
"Wings of Eagles", the Joseph P. Alvarez Foundation for seriously ill children is marking 25 years of service this year.
The organization is also holding a raffle fundraiser for a Honda Recon Quadrunner. Tickets are $10 each. The drawing is April 21st. Must be 18 or older and have a valid email address to participate. Tickets are available through Honda Motorsports.
For more information about "Wings of Eagles" call (530) 228-2398 or visit www.wingsofeagles.org.
- Fundraiser check presented to Wings of Eagles
- Check Presented to "Wings of Passion" Foundation
- Wingstock 2018 to Benefit Wings of Eagles
- Stocking Stuffer Drive for Wings of Eagles children
- Grant to Help Wings of Eagles Serve Seriously Ill Children
- MONCA presents What, Us Worry?
- Monca Presents ‘The Body Electric’
- Northern California Ballet presents traditional Nutcracker
- Inspire presents 42nd Street for Spring Musical
- ELECTION 2018: Candidate Reynolds, Past and Present