PARADISE, Calif. - Adventist Health has secured the needed funding for a new EMS base station in Paradise, Adventist Health announced. Thanks to North Valley Community Foundation which awarded a $49,000 grant from its Butte Strong Fund to support the project.
This comes after a donation provided by the Adventist Health Feather River Foundation for $21,000 and Adventist Health, which is subsidizing the funds needed for the use of a building to be the new base station.
The station will be located at the intersection of Bille and Clark road, a central location that will be key to providing 24/7 response for residents of Paradise.
Since the Camp Fire, the ambulance service for Paradise has been based out of Magalia, this increases response time and requires ambulance crews to commute in from outside the area, Adventist Health said.
Since December, there has been a 30% increase in ambulance runs for Paradise, which is expected to increase as the rebuilding efforts continue to escalate. With an ambulance base in Paradise, crews can better serve residents and they can live and work in the community they serve.
“This is a win-win for residents of Paradise,” Mons Jensen, restoration project manager at Adventist Health said. “By working together, we’ve been able to secure the funding that is needed for the project. Without it, it was not financially feasible for Butte EMS to re-establish a station until a more significant population moved back to Paradise.”
James Clark, Paramedic Battalion Chief for Butte County said they are so appreciative of everyone's help.
"Butte County EMS is committed to providing the same level of service as before the Camp Fire," Clark said. "With this collaboration and Adventist Health’s willingness to subsidize a station in Paradise, we’ll be able to respond to the community as it rebuilds.”
- Funding secured for new EMS base station in Paradise
- EMS base station brought back to Paradise
- Gov. Newsom announces $15 million in security funding for religious, community-based nonprofits
- Paradise receives federal funding for sewer system
- Marysville PD: 'Catapult EMS saves lives'
- Honoring First Responders For National EMS Week
- Town of Paradise: Temporary RV Ordinance Could Impact Federal Funding
- Golden Valley Bank helps fund disaster recovery manager for Paradise
- Firefighter and EMS Appreciation Luncheon Planned for Wednesday
- Lunch with Firefighters and EMS Deemed a Success