CHICO, Calif. -- More than 18 months after her murder, friends of Karen Garcia say they're now one step closer to closure after the man accused of killing her was captured over the weekend.
Garcia was 21-years-old when she died. We spoke with her friends who say they never gave up hope her killer would be caught.
"I'm so grateful that he's caught," said Linda Quintero, Garcia's friend.
On January 14, 2018, police found Garcia’s body left inside her car in a Woodland parking lot.
"We didn't know where Salvador was. I was worried, I was sad, I was angry," Quintero said.
Salvador Garcia Jr., the ex-boyfriend, is the primary suspect in the Colusa woman's murder.
U.S. Marshals captured Garcia Jr. in Guadalajara, Mexico on Sunday. Now, Garcia's friends say they're looking forward to the closure.
"I would hope we could find peace. Hopefully, the judge will put him away for a long time," said Johnnie Quintero, Garcia's friend.
- Friends of murdered Colusa woman react to suspected killer's arrest
- Colusa Co. murder suspect, victims were all roommates, authorities say
- Search for murder suspect in Colusa County, missing woman's body found
- Two arrested for shooting near Colusa Casino
- Suspected Serial Killer Charged With 13th Murder
- Salvador Garcia pleads not guilty in murder of Colusa County woman
- Update: Orangevale Woman Dies in Colusa County Head-on Crash
- Two Dead After Colusa Plane Crash
- Authorities chase, arrest Corning attempted murder suspect
- Trinity County Sheriff Deputies Arrest Murder Suspect