Photo Gallery 1 Images
Fresno, Calif.-- A Fresno State English professor is in hot water after a series of tweets announcing her delight at the death of former First Lady Barbara Bush.
Fresno State Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. Lynnette Zelezny said Wednesday that the incident is under review, and that they are taking it very seriously.
Faculty member Randa Jarrar called Barbara Bush a generous and smart and amazing racist, who along with her husband, raised a war criminal.
Jarrar said she feels protected at Fresno State as an American professor with a right to free speech.
Zelezny said that while the university respects diverse opinions, they want them to be in a quote 'climate of respect.'
- Fresno State Professor calls Former First Lady Racist
- Blowtorch Used to Kill Spiders May Have Started Fresno Fire
- Chico State professor shares new year's travel tips
- VALENTINE’S DAY HERO: Quick thinking Fresno boy saves classmate from choking on candy
- Students who 'liked' racist posts properly suspended
- 'Blatantly Racist' Bumper Sticker Draws Fire
- High school investigating racist prom proposal
- Former First Lady Barbara Bush has Died
- First Lady Meets Students at Detention Center
- Redding boy First Lady’s guest at State of the Union Address