Freezing morning temperatures, and the potential for more mountain snow showers are ahead for the start of your Monday. Precipitation is winding down early today, but there is still a decent chance for snow showers along the Sierra crest through this evening. Valley areas are expected to stay dry today, but colder temperatures are in store for all of Northern California this afternoon. Temperatures have dipped into the high 20's to mid 30's in the valley this morning, and into the teens and 20's in the mountains. Frost is going to be an issue this morning, so give yourself an extra minute or two to scrape that windshield before you head out on the road. High temperatures are projected to end up in the low to mid 50's in the valley later today, and in the low 30's to low 40's in the mountains. Winds will be up to 15mph out of the North.
Freezing low temperatures will continue for the next couple of mornings, but more showers are not likely. Tuesday looks like it will be the coolest morning of the week, with the majority of the valley dipping into the mid 20's. Mountain areas will bottom out in the teens and 20's for the most part, but we can't rule out one or two cities dipping into the single digits. There is potential for a hard freeze both Tuesday and Wednesday. Make sure you take care of the 3 P's during a cold snap like this. Keep a close eye on your pipes, plants, and pets. Make sure you have your pipes insulated, cover your plants, and bring pets inside. High temperatures will not change much over the next couple of days, and are projected to top out in the low to mid 50's in the valley.
The next chance for wet weather will return to the region on Thursday. Valley rain, and mountain/foothill snow look very possible for your Thursday, but are not expected to last into Friday. Temperatures will finally warm by a few degrees on Friday, with valley areas topping out in the high 50's. More of the same for your upcoming weekend. Valley areas will dip into the low to mid 30's in the morning, and top out in the mid to high 50's in the afternoons.
- Freezing temperatures & mountain snow showers today
- Staying breezy with some mountain showers today
- Mountain showers linger today, but pleasant weather is ahead
- Cloudy skies and a chance of mountain showers today
- Cooler & breezy with a chance of mountain showers today
- Staying dry today, but mountain showers return tonight
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warmer with mountain showers today
- Showers possible in the mountains
- Mountain Union School District Closed Today Due to Snow
- Cooler, with scattered rain and snow showers today