CHICO, Calif. - The night time commute is about to get ramped up a little more in Chico.
In less than two weeks ramps and lanes on Highway 99 will be closed.
Caltrans said statewide they're transitioning to wider stripes which means the white and yellow lines you see on the pavement will grow from 4 to 6 inches and appear a lot brighter.
Caltrans is going to be restriping the highway starting in Sutter County and work their way north to the Tehama County line.
People in the Butte County area should expect to see lane closures and going both north and southbound from May 20 through June 13.
Caltrans said not to worry because they're only working on one ramp at a time and the time frame of work will be 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Caltrans to close some ramps, lanes on SR 99 starting May 20
- Two-Car Rollover Crash Closes SR 99 On-ramp
- Crashes on SR 99, Garner Lane double in the past year
- Caltrans: Highway 99 reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Second Left Turn Lane Added to Highway 99 Off-ramp in Chico
- CALTRANS Valley roadwork schedule
- Caltrans: Current Highway Conditions
- Caltrans Job Fair in Marysville
- Caltrans Hiring for Various Positions
- Caltrans District 2 Road Closures