Free healthcare services are coming to the Silver Dollar Fairgrounds in Chico, but it will only be for a weekend.
On August 3 to 4, a volunteer battalion of physicians and dentists across California will be stationed at the fairgrounds. All services provided will be free, and participants do not need proof of insurance, employment, income, residency, immigration status or an ID to receive help. The organization behind the event is California CareForce.
There is a high need for dental assistant volunteers, and general volunteers at this event. Medical experience is not required to sign up to be a general volunteer. For more information, please visit the California CareForce website or contact Emerald at 916-749-4170.
Provided services include:
- Vision exams
- Eye health checks
- Free prescription glasses made on site
- General exams
- Blood pressure testings
- Diabetes screening and counseling
Other services as available: Flu shots/Immunizations, chiropractic and acupuncture, HIV testing, health education, WIC and other community resources.
Wristbands for next-day services will be distributed at 9:30AM on Friday (August 2) and Saturday (August 3) at the Silver Dollar Fairgrounds. Veterans do NOT need to come the day before. There will be a specific, priority line for veterans the morning of each clinic day.
What to bring: Your prescription medication, appropriate clothing, food and water.
What not to bring: Illegal drugs, alcohol or firearms
More information on the event can be found here.
- Free healthcare coming to Silver Dollar Fairgrounds
- Chico Silver Dollar Fairgrounds Opens Up as New Evacuation Shelter
- Fireworks show takes place at Silver Dollar Fairgrounds
- Silver Dollar Fair Opens On Thursday
- Opening day for Silver Dollar Fair
- Livestock Competition at Silver Dollar Fair
- Healthcare access cutback
- Chico Teen Goes for gold at Silver Dollar Speedway
- Mini Gold Cup Series returns to Silver Dollar Speedway
- Healthcare Symposium on Oct.12 in Chico