OROVILLE, Calif. - Juneteenth is the oldest known celebration commemorating the ending of slavery in the United States, dating back to 1865.
The African American Family and Culture Center is hosting its 7th annual celebration on Saturday, June 15, in Oroville.
The celebration features live music and performances, food vendors, information booths, raffles and more.
The event is free to all guests.
For those interested in attending, the celebration will be held at Martin Luther King Jr. Park in Oroville from 3 - 7 p.m. on Saturday.
For more information, call 530-532-1205.
- Free, annual Juneteenth celebration will be held Saturday in Oroville
- Juneteenth Celebrations in Oroville
- Celebration Gospel Choir's Juneteenth celebration
- 24th Annual 'Salmon Festival' Held in Downtown Oroville
- Community wide Arbor Day celebration was held in Oroville
- Old Time Holiday Celebration Held in Old Shasta Saturday
- Kwanzaa Celebration Planned in Oroville
- Oroville woman celebrates 100th birthday
- Oroville Hunger Walk is Saturday
- North State Women's Health Network holds 5th annual celebration Saturday