REDDING, Calif. - Organizations are now helping Carr Fire victims prepare for the coming winter.
The McConnell Foundation and other agencies were giving away erosion control material Saturday for free, and they will be giving more away on Sunday and next weekend.
David Tate is in the midst of the process of rebuilding.
"It has been so overwhelming how gracious and how generous," he said. "We have been given so much."
The giveaway continues at the old Schnitzer Steel Facility located at 8031 Eastside Road in Redding.
- Free Materials Given to Prevent Post Carr Fire Erosion
- Erosion: A Problem After Wildfires?
- Free Legal Workshop for Carr Fire Victims
- Hazardous material cleanup begins
- Post Offices Temporarily Close Due to Carr Fire
- Carr Fire Traffic Updates
- DONATE: Carr Fire Relief
- Carr Fire Television Special
- Carr Fire Thief Sentenced
- Free Straw Wattles Available to Control Erosion at Paradise and Yankee Hill