REDDING, Calif. - Police are searching for answers after a home on Lake Boulevard caught fire and exploded after 8 p.m. Saturday.
Four people were injured, and one was taken to the hospital by helicopter.
The fire marshall says it's too early to tell what caused the explosion or the fire, and Redding police told Action News Now details will remain limited as they continue the investigation.
Neighbors said they are surprised that an explosion happened inside this normally quiet trailer park.
One neigbor said he was doing dishes and ran outside after hearing two big explosions. He then saw a big fireball when his neighbor opened the door.
"The skin was melting off," said neighbor, Dan Brooks.
Brooks said he then got his hose and sprayed his neighbor with water after finding him severely burned.
"I just sat there drenching them until the fire department showed up. They went inside and turned the gas lines off and just got everything under control until the fire departmnet showed up," Brooks said.
Redding police and fire officials are still working to determine the cause of the fire.
- Neighbors react to Redding home fire & explosion
- More Details on Explosive Materials Found in Redding Home
- 2 Injured in Redding RV Explosion
- Neighboring Homes Destroyed in Early Morning Fire in Quincy
- Mobile Home Catches Fire in Red Bluff
- Deadly Explosion Explosives Found at Home of Ex-Boyfriend
- Neighbors React to Possibility of FEMA Trailers in Gridley
- Neighbors react to officer-involved shooting in Anderson
- Red Cross sets up evacuation center after explosives found in Happy Valley home
- Redding Warehouse Fire