UPDATE WEDNESDAY, FEBURARY 21, 2018 12:00 p.m. - The preliminary hearing for former teacher David Frederick has been postponed until March 14th.
A deputy DA in Trinity County is praising victims for coming forward in a massive sexual assault case.
Deputy District Attorney Megan Marshall says the victims' courage to come forward stopped David Frederick from continuing to prey on children.
A preliminary hearing date was set for next month for Frederick.
The former teacher faces 12 counts with six enhancements due to multiple victims.
He faces life in prison if convicted.
All the victim were children under the age of 14.
The alleged acts occurred over the last few decades in California mainly in Trinity, Lassen and Shasta Counties as well as Arizona.
- UPDATED: Hearing postponed for former Trinity Co./Shasta Co. teacher accused of sex crimes against children
- Shasta-Trinity National forest Conducts Fire Projects
- Redding Costco project hearing to be postponed
- Debris burning suspended in Shasta and eastern Trinity Counties
- Fire Restrictions Now in Effect for Shasta-Trinity National Forest
- Lightning Sparks Concern for Shasta-Trinity National Forest
- Raw Footage: Delta Fire in Shasta and Trinity Counties
- Cal Fire Shasta-Trinity Unit Appoints New Chief
- 78-acre controlled burn planned in Shasta-Trinity National Forest
- Crews battle wildfire in Shasta-Trinity National Forest