David Cassidy of "The Partridge Family" fame has died at age 67.
According to the Associated Press, Publicist JoAnn Geffen released a statement Tuesday evening saying Cassidy had died "surrounded by those he loved." No further details were immediately available, but Geffen said on Saturday that Cassidy was in a Fort Lauderdale, Florida, hospital suffering from organ failure.
The teen and pre-teen idol starred in the 1970s sitcom and sold millions of records as the musical group's lead singer.
"The Partridge Family" aired from 1970-74 and was intended at first as a vehicle for Shirley Jones, the Oscar winning actress and Cassidy's stepmother. Jones played Shirley Partridge, a widow with five children with whom she forms a popular act that travels on a psychedelic bus. The cast featured Cassidy as eldest son and family heartthrob Keith Partridge.
- Former Teen Pop Idol David Cassidy Dies
- Chico Idol winners announced
- Camp Fire pop-up shop
- Cottonwood Teen Dies Following Deadly Crash
- Basketball player pulls on ‘pop’ of a prank
- Birkenstock Pop-Up Shoe Giveaway for Camp Fire Survivors
- Local artists prepare for pop-up art exhibit
- David Wise defends ski halfpipe title; Alex Ferreira wins silver
- Magician David Blaine under investigation for sexual assault
- Chico teen missing