On Monday in Shasta County Superior Court, James Crawford, the former Westside Church of Redding Pastor, pleaded no contest to three misdemeanor charges.
Those charges stem from a February arrest.
That accused Crawford of 31 criminal counts, including 22 felonies for allegedly molesting three girls over a seven-year-span.
That plea, placed Crawford on probation for four years and credited him for eight days he served in Shasta County Jail.
As well as registering him as a sex offender.
The Shasta County District Attorney says, he's also not required to serve any additional jail time, and was ordered to pay the standard court fees and fines.
In a phone call she added, that additional information since filing was brought to light and taken into consideration for the plea.
The victims, also wanted to case to end without testifying.
Adding they wanted Crawford to take reponsibility in the way that he did.
However, residents around town who heard about the case were not happy.
"It's disgusting. He definitely needs to be... it's not just. They need to look into that. He shouldn't just get off like that," said Bryan Jephson.
"It's outrageous, utterly outrages," added Renee.
Including this mother who’s child attends Grant Elementary, which is across the street from the church.
"Our kids are here and they should be protected," Chelsea Thompson.
- Former Pastor Gets Plea Deal
- Acosta resigns amid furor over Epstein plea deal
- California pastor suspected of motel molestation surrenders
- Puppy death plea
- Pastor says community needs faith after shooting tragedy
- Woodland Pastor Donates Bone Marrow to Stranger in Idaho
- Judge Denies Guilty Plea in Murder Trial
- Nord Avenue stabbing suspect to enter plea
- Butte County Black Friday Deals