BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - An end to what some people have called 'Key Gate,' a former Oroville City Councilmember pleaded no contest on Tuesday to stealing the former Oroville Mayor's keys.
The District Attorney Mike Ramsey said Marlene DelRosario will have to pay out over $1,500 in restitution to former Oroville Mayor Linda Dahlmeir.
DelRosario will also be on court probation for three years.
The Butte County district attorney filed a criminal complaint against a former Oroville City Council member in March 2019. She was accused of stealing Dahlmeir's keys at the end of a city council meeting.
- Chico City Councilmembers divided on term limit proposal
- Butte Co. DA files charges against former Oroville council member accused of stealing keys
- Group moves forward with petition to recall Chico mayor, councilmember
- Councilmember Morgan regrets voting for Chico Mayor Randall Stone
- Councilmembers release "Chico Green New Deal" policy package
- Oroville spillway looter charged with stealing