Former Chico Mayor Mary Flynn was arrested for driving under the influence, following a minor accident in Chico Sunday, December 3rd.
The 61 year old Flynn was taken into custody at about 4:30 p.m. in the parking lot of the Safeway Store on Mangrove Avenue on a misdemeanor count of DUI Drugs & Alcohol.
Officers at the scene said no one was injured in the accident, and it wasn't clear whether Flynn was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
She was arrested while serving on the city council in 2008, after her car hit the Great Harvest Bread Company building on Forest Avenue.
Flynn was found to be under the influence of prescription drugs, and over the counter cold medicine and cough syrup..
She pleaded guilty in October of 2009 to a reduced charge of reckless driving while under the influence of prescription drugs.
she also took a leave of absence from the council in 2014 for treatment of a dependency on prescription medications.
Flynn served on the Chico City Council from 2006 to December of 2014 .
- Former Chico Mayor Arrested
- Chico Mayor defends pot ban
- Chico Mayor unveils "Community Court"
- Chico Savemart Robbery Arrest
- Chico State President and Chico Mayor Address CSUC Faculty
- Chico Transient Arrested for Burglary
- Chico High Burglary Suspect Arrested
- Chico Police Arrest Shooting Suspects
- Shoplifting arrests up in Chico
- Chico street crime arrests continue