Forest Ranch Calif.—A controlled burn is taking place between Forest Ranch and Butte Creek to help reduce hazardous fire fuels.
A Chico based non-profit Terra Fuego is coordinating the burn with local Fire Suppression Company and the Bureau of Land Management.
The drone footage shows the area that is affected.
The controlled burn involves over 120 acres being burned, with roadside thinning and removal planned for another 100 acres.
- Forest Ranch Controlled Burn
- Controlled burn to improve watershed project Forrest Ranch Community
- Forest Ranch Residents Practice Fire Evacuations
- 78-acre controlled burn planned in Shasta-Trinity National Forest
- Control Burn at Stumps Field
- Control Burn Planned near Cohasset
- Control Burn Scheduled in Oroville
- Government Shutdown Halts Controlled Burns
- Forest Ranch woman hopes to save animal sanctuary from foreclosure
- Despite winter-weather, school's in session in Forest Ranch