OROVILLE, Calif. - Camp Fire survivors can participate in water recreational activities at the Oroville Forebay at a special rate. It's all part of an effort to encourage community healing.
All Camp Fire Survivors with an ID will have their entrance fee paid and be able to rent equipment at a discounted rate of $5 an hour.
Thanks to a grant from the California State Parks Foundation and partnerships with local park agencies, families are able to rediscover their sense of community and relax on the water.
Camp Fire Survivor Days at the Forebay Aquatic Center runs weekends in September from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (NOTE: It will be closed the 28th for flights at the Salmon Festival.)
- Special activities for Camp Fire Survivors in Thermalito Forebay
- People Enjoy Free Boating Day at Thermalito Forebay
- Fireworks Show Moves from Lake Oroville to Thermalito Forebay
- 2-Acre Fire Destroys Thermalito Home
- Camp Fire Special Report
- Camp Fire survivor RV fire
- Camp Fire survivor turns 100
- Camp Fire survivors receive mattresses
- Vegetation Fire Burns 3 Acres in Thermalito
- Thermalito School Fire Damages Playground Equipment