(KOBI) Police in Medford, Oregon were able to track down a burglary suspect early Thursday morning by following footprints in the freshly fallen snow.
"Definitely a bad morning to commit a burglary," Lt. Kerry Curtis said.
Officers arrested Mickey Galatz on charges of theft, burglary, and criminal mischief after police say he stole a compressor from Rogue Automotive.
Police were notified of an alarm sounding at the business around 5:30 am. After responding, they noticed a set of footprints and wheel tracks in the snow.
"We were able to follow those tracks, they took us right to a residence on North Central, and at that point, we actually saw, we could see in a back shed the air compressor covered in snow," Lt. Kerry Curtis said.
- Footprints lead cops straight to burglar
- Chico State reduces hours, carbon footprint
- Suspected car burglar leads officers in highway pursuit
- Coffee With a Cop Day
- Teenage burglars caught on Christmas Eve
- Santa Barbara County marijuana farm burglarized
- Redding woman confronts burglar inside home
- Redding Police: Burglar Found Sleeping Behind Business
- Redding K-9 Captures Church Burglar Suspect
- California Assemblywoman Office Burglarized Before Election Day