A teen accused of going on a deadly shooting rampage at a south Florida high school appeared in court.
Nineteen-year-old Nikolas Cruz remained silent as he stood in front of a judge in a Broward County courtroom on Thursday.
He charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder and was denied bond.
Cruz is accused of killing 17 people and injuring 14 others when he opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school in Parkland around 3 P.M. Eastern Time Wednesday.
He was later arrested in neighboring Coral Springs.
A motive behind the shooting spree remains unclear, but investigators say Cruz was expelled from the school last year for disciplinary reasons.
- Florida suspected school shooter appears in court
- Cottonwood Arson Suspect Makes First Court Appearance
- Chico Murder Suspect Appears in Court
- 'NorCal Rapist' Suspect Appears in Court, No Plea
- Parkland shooter in court; 911 Calls released
- Murder victims son appears in court
- Pipe Bomb Suspect Cesar Sayoc Formally Charged at First Court Appearance
- Christmas pot couple make appearance in Nebraska court
- Redding Doctor Charged in Illegal Botox Operation Appears in Court
- Shasta County Chronic Offender to Appear in Court