A quick stop for something to eat at a Wendy’s in Fort Pierce almost cost a couple 15 hundred dollars.
But an honest young employee made sure that didn't happen.
Amy lip man tells us why the couple that thought they were just getting food from Wendy’s ended up getting a whole lot more.
Purses seem to carry just about everything. A phone, lipstick, and of course a wallet.
On Monday Peggy Humanick's purse happened to house 15 hundred dollars. Her husband Frank works part-time at a golf course and had saved that up to paint their roof and do some other things.
Peggy brought the money with her to her granddaughter's soccer tournament in Orlando. She and her husband Frank stopped at a Wendy’s in Fort Pierce on their way back home.
But she forgot to bring her purse back out of Wendy’s. She realized that when they got home to Boca Raton.
But 19 year old Matt Cureton was working that day.
He turned in the purse to his manager without opening it per store policy.
The Humanicks called and found out the purse was safe. They drove up to get it. They also got to give Matt a token of gratitude.
Matt says he was just following policy and ethics.
But for the Humanicks it was a strong display of humanity.
- Florida couple thankful for good samaritan
- Good Samaritan chases down man with stolen vehicle
- Pet Pig Rescue in Florida
- Married couple arrested after suspected car theft
- Couple Gives Back With New Redding Business
- Chico couple celebrates 70 years of marriage
- Couples say "I do" on Valentine's Day
- Paradise Couple Stars in New HGTV Show
- Redding Couple Rebuilds After Meeting Ellen
- Chapmantown gets a cleanup thanks to friendly volunteers