Grab that umbrella, and be prepared for very active weather across Northern California today. Showers are starting to spread across our region this morning, and will become heavier this afternoon. There is a very decent chance for thunderstorms this afternoon and evening, and that has prompted that National Weather Service to issue a Flash Flood Warning for the North end of the valley, foothills, and some mountain areas from 3pm through 9pm today. The biggest concern will be flash flooding and debris flows around the burn scars in Shasta County. If thunderstorms do develop, they could be accompanied by heavy rain, hail, and even a chance for a tornado forming later today. Snow levels are expected to dip into the 5000' range later today, which means we could have some mountain travel impacts. Temperatures have stayed warmer overnight. Valley areas are starting out in the low to mid 60's this morning, and mountain areas ahve dipped into the 40's to 50's overnight. Winds will be out of the South to around 20mph, with gusts up to around 30mph later today. Locally stronger winds could be possible around thunderstorms this afternoon and evening. High temperatures will top out in the mid to high 60's in the valley, and mountain areas will end up in the 50's this afternoon. Heavy rain and thunderstorms could persist well into this evening.
Most of the active weather will taper off in the valley tonight, but showers will be lingering in the mountains on Tuesday. There will be a slight chance for some valley showers, but the main focus of wet weather will likely stay in higher elevations on Tuesday. We'll continue to dry out through the afternoon and evening on Tuesday. Dry weather is expected to return for all of Northern California on Wednesday. Valley areas will top out in the low 70's on Wednesday afternoon. A weak wet system could bring more showers to the mountains on Thursday, but valley areas are expecting to stay dry. We'll be topping out in the mid to high 60's in the valley on Thursday afternoon. Warm and dry weather will then be ahead for your Friday and weekend forecast. High temperatures are projected to climb into the low to mid 70's in the valley during that time. Skies will be sunny to mostly sunny for your weekend forecast.
- Flash Flood Watch ahead for your Monday afternoon
- Flash Flood Watch: Butte County
- Flash Flood Watch in Place for Butte County
- Flash Flood Watch Issued for Camp Fire Burn Area
- Flash Flood Watch for Area Burned by Camp Fire
- Flash flood watch in effect for Camp Fire burn scar
- Flash Flood Warning extended in Shasta County
- Butte County Sheriff's Office Issues Flash Flood Watch for Camp Fire Burn Scar
- National Weather Service issues flash flood watch for Carr, Hirz, Delta burn scar
- National Weather Service issues flash flood watch in Shasta, Lake county through Thursday evening