SISKIYOU COUNTY, Calif. - Siskiyou Public Health officials confirm the first two positive cases of the COVID-19 virus in the county as of Saturday, March 21.
Further details about the patients are currently unknown. According to information on the Siskiyou Public Health website, these are the first two positive cases out of 33 tests administered in the county, 14 tests came back negative and 17 are still awaiting approval from the laboratory.
"We are expected to see the cases of COVID-19 rise in Siskiyou County and have been planning and preparing accordingly," said Siskiyou County Health Officer Dr. Stephen Kolpacoff.
“As always our top priority is the health and safety of the citizens of Siskiyou County along with our patients, our staff, our physicians and the first responders,” said Siskiyou County Public Health Director Shelly Davis.
Public health officials say they are taking these results very seriously and will continue to keep the community informed.
Public health officials continue to advise the community to please stay home if at all possible, practice social distancing of 6 feet while in public, wash your hands regularly with soap and water and cover your cough.
Action News Now will share the latest updates as they become available. For continuing coronavirus coverage, Click Here
For notifications on the latest local updates related to coronavirus, download our app, Click here
- First two confirmed cases of the COVID-19 virus in Siskiyou County
- Confirmed virus cases hit 1 million worldwide
- Health officials confirm second positive COVID-19 case in Butte County
- Yuba-Sutter Public Health reports two confirmed cases of COVID-19
- U.S. tops the list with most confirmed COVID-19 cases
- Two West Nile Virus Deaths Confirmed in Glenn, Yuba Counties
- First West Nile Virus Death Confirmed in Butte County
- First human West Nile Virus infection confirmed in Butte County
- Siskiyou County homicide investigation, manhunt
- Butte County Public Health gives county update after 2 confirmed COVID-19 cases roll in