"I had to drive to the uppermost parts of the city limits to find any sort of snowfall .. And we're not seeing too much as far as accumulation - but for people out and about, this is making it a little more difficult out here today.
Chico bicyclist Tim McClure knew it would be a cold trek to Sterling City.
"I've got something to keep my head warm, my gloves are warm, so I try! But I don't mind being a little cold," said McClure.
He didn't expect the snowflakes that fell over Paradise late Thursday morning.
"I was thinking that the forecast was for rain but I didn't believe it - I've just decided I don't believe the forecast anymore!" said McClure.
Out about town, a few outdoor-workers raised their eyebrows at the flurries.
"I had to turn my wipers on down the hill in Paradise," said Allen Camp. "It's cool to look at, I don't like working in it though ... It was nice because it didn't stick, I drive a truck so, I didn't have to drive in it."
This is no major snow event, but after a very dry winter in the North State, many grinned at the sight of the little crystals drifting from the sky.
"Whatever we get, we'll take, what God will give us, we'll take, no doubt about it," said Eric from Paradise.
"Now that it doesn't snow too much up here? It's nice to see," said Camp.
"This is a good powder snow too, for skiers, we love this," said Eric.
While the snow flurries continued in Paradise through mid-day, I had to drive a little bit further up Skyway before I found any sort of accumulation.
"Anything that fills the reservoirs so I can get back out fishing with my grandson? That's the best feeling in my life," said Eric.
- First significant snow of the season in Paradise
- Paradise schools prepare for snow
- Significant Opioid Problem in the North State
- The Road to Paradise: A 'Tis the Season Special
- Paradise native on this season of The Voice
- State Audit of CCA Shows "No Significant Issues" with Finances
- Chico Fire responds to restaurant fire that leaves significant damage
- Celebrating Snow!
- Honoring a Paradise veteran
- Paradise Breakfast with Santa