An Olympian-inspired Barbie is the first-ever Mattel doll to wear a hijab.
Barbie is honoring Olympian Ibtihaj Muhammad with a Barbie made in her likeness.
Muhammad was the first-ever US Olympic athlete to compete wearing a hijab at the 2016 Rio Olympic games.
She's the latest honoree in the Barbie hero program that recognizes women who break boundaries to inspire the next generation of girls.
The doll will be available for purchase next year.
- First ever Mattel doll wearing a hijab
- Mattel just launched a gender-inclusive doll line
- Mattel unveils its new career doll: Judge Barbie
- Mattel releases a braille version of UNO
- Barbie debuts new "Inspiring Women" dolls
- A couple inspires toymaker Mattel to consider creating a same-sex Barbie wedding set
- Rosa Parks and Sally Ride get their very own Barbie dolls
- Join Cort Klopping at Real Men Wear Pink Event Tonight
- Parents Upset By School Employee Wearing MAGA Hat
- Chico Police arrest stolen car suspect wearing victim's shoes