An Olympian-inspired Barbie is the first-ever Mattel doll to wear a hijab.
Barbie is honoring Olympian Ibtihaj Muhammad with a Barbie made in her likeness.
Muhammad was the first-ever US Olympic athlete to compete wearing a hijab at the 2016 Rio Olympic games.
She's the latest honoree in the Barbie hero program that recognizes women who break boundaries to inspire the next generation of girls.
The doll will be available for purchase next year.
- First ever Mattel doll wearing a hijab
- Barbie debuts new "Inspiring Women" dolls
- A couple inspires toymaker Mattel to consider creating a same-sex Barbie wedding set
- Join Cort Klopping at Real Men Wear Pink Event Tonight
- Parents Upset By School Employee Wearing MAGA Hat
- Redding man arrested after wearing body armor with loaded gun in Chicago
- Real Men Wear Pink Pull for a Cure Family Fun Day