PLACER COUNTY, Calif. - Placer County Public Health says a health care worker has been confirmed to have coronavirus. This making it the first confirmed case in the county.
The department said they have "received confirmation that a Placer resident has tested presumptively positive for Coronavirus" and are waiting for confirmation from CDC testing.
The health care worker had contact with the Solano County patient and is now at home in isolation with mild symptoms, according to the Placer County Public Health.
Officials say the risk to the general public in Placer County is relatively low but "now is the time to prepare," for community transmission unrelated to this case.
The person is a NorthBay VacaValley Hospital health care worker who had close contact with the Solano County patient before they were transferred to another hospital.
“We have expected to see cases of COVID-19 in Placer County and have been planning and preparing accordingly,” said Placer County Health Officer Dr. Aimee Sisson. “Given recent evidence of community spread occurring elsewhere in California, we are now encouraging the public to prepare for the likelihood of local community spread here as well, unrelated to this case.”
Those who have had close contact with this case and are at risk of infection will be quarantined and monitored by help with the CDC, the California Department of Public Health and Solano County Public Health, Placer County Public Health
“We are tracing all contacts this worker had in our organization and sharing that information with public health officials in both Solano and Placer counties," said Aimee Brewer, president of NorthBay HealthCare Group.
- First Placer County coronavirus case connected to Solano County patient
- Placer County health officials investigating 3 measles cases
- Placer County Sheriff deputy rescues dog
- Arson Suspects Arrested in Placer County
- Placer County Sheriffs Arrest Sex Offender
- Bear Sighting at Placer County Sheriff's Office
- Missing woman found dead in Placer County
- Yellow Fever mosquito discovered in Placer County
- Humboldt County's coronavirus patient released from isolation
- Placer County Sheriff's Office Arrests Suspect in Burglary, Car Theft Case