Friday was day two of the second annual first generation trailblazer symposium at Chico State.
The two day event was organized by the first generation faculty and staff association and the office of diversity and inclusion on campus.
More than half of Chico State students identify as first-generation students, and many arrive on campus with little knowledge of how to navigate their path to graduation.
Cecilia Lapolli, a study abroad advisor spoke at one of the workshops about the different resources available to students.
She said, "We are an HSI campus now, Hispanic Serving Institution, I would encourage everyone to ask questions go to the different departments the students services center has great resources for students of all backgrounds"
At the symposium, different staff members spoke about their experiences as first generation students including President Gayle Hutchinson.
- First Gen trailblazer symposium at Chico State
- Healthcare Symposium on Oct.12 in Chico
- California political trailblazer March Fong Eu dies at 95
- Chico State graduations continue
- Chico State political confrontation
- Chipotle looks to TikTok to reach out to millennials and Gen Z customers for Halloween
- BloodSource Drive at Chico State
- Enrollment increases at Chico State
- Chico State opens new exhibit
- Chico State Student Photo Scandal