YUBA COUNTY, Calif. - The Departments of Public Health from Yuba and Sutter Counties confirmed two cases of novel
coronavirus in Yuba County Saturday, March 21.
Officials say these are the first cases in Yuba and Sutter counties combined, and neither patient has required hospitalization.
Public health officials say both individuals are currently in isolation at home. They are recovering well. The Department of Public Health has been in contact with those who have come into contact with the affected individuals to ensure that this situation is handled appropriately.
Officials say the second case is not related to the first case. Both cases are deemed to be a community transmitted case.
“We knew that confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Yuba-Sutter were not a matter of if, but when,” Dr. Luu said. “Our bi-county Public Health/Emergency Operations team, in collaboration with our healthcare partners, is working to ensure that these individuals are properly isolated, monitored and receive the best care while recovering. We are deeply grateful for the efforts of healthcare workers
working hard to keep their communities safe.”
Public Health has identified persons who may have had close personal contact with these individuals, including any friends, family members or health care professionals, to assess and monitor them for signs and symptoms of illness.
Appropriate measures including isolation or quarantine and if indicated, testing will be made under the direction of Dr. Luu.
Action News Now will share the latest updates as they become available. For continuing coronavirus coverage, Click Here
For notifications on the latest local updates related to coronavirus, download our app, Click here
- Yuba-Sutter Public Health reports two confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Yuba-Sutter region health officials address surge capacity and their efforts to address COVID-19 patients
- Sutter Health, California settle massive antitrust case
- Yuba-Sutter COVID-19 Relief Task Force to assist residents over the age of 65
- Yuba Co. officials arrest man for Sutter Co. carjacking
- Sutter County confirms first coronavirus death
- Yuba-Sutter Health Officer issues new restrictions on stay-at-home order
- Yuba-Sutter CHP: Two dead in fatal collision in rural Yuba County
- Reports of shots fired at the Yuba-Sutter Fair unfounded: Police
- Health officials confirm second positive COVID-19 case in Butte County