Firefighters were able to knock down a fire in a “floating” restaurant at the Bidwell Marina in Lake Oroville Saturday evening.
According to CAL FIRE, this happened just before 5:30 Saturday evening on 801 Bidwell Canyon Road.
It took firefighters roughly 15-minutes to contain the blaze, fortunately, no one was inside at the time and the restaurant only sustained a few damages.
The California State Parks Department says the fire initially started at a dock and quickly caught the restaurant on fire.
We spoke to a state park sergeant who says hundreds of boats from across California come to Lake Oroville.
“Roughly about a thousand boats mord here anywhere from small recreational craft all the way up to large houseboats it's a family environment a lot of these boats have been out here for years generations have been coming out to the lake,” said Sergeant Evan Walter.
No other boats caught on fire and state park rangers would like to remind boaters to check for open flames in a houseboat, all year round.
The cause is still under investigation.
- Firefighters knock down restaurant fire in Lake Oroville
- Redding Firefighters Knock Down 2nd-Alarm Fire
- Firefighters quickly knock down Chico duplex fire
- Firefighters knock down Palermo structure fire
- Firefighters knock down Magalia structure fire
- Lake Oroville Spillway Update
- CAL FIRE knocks down shed fire in Oroville
- Firefighters responding to vegetation fire near Oroville
- Lakeland Fire contained near Lake Oroville
- Vegetation Fire Quickly Knocked Down by Butte Co. Firefighters