Photo Gallery 3 Images
Update 12:16 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2019 - The cause of the fire was accidental and due to bedding being ignited by heat lamps.
The heat lamps were being used by the occupants in an effort to rid an infestation of bed bugs in a bedroom.
The fire caused major damage to the structure and the contents as well as minor radiant heat damage to a nearby unit.
REDDING, Calif. - Fire crews worked to extinguish a house fire in Redding on Aug 9.
The fire was first reported around 12:15 p.m. at a home on Ridge Road.
Fire officials said there was nobody home when the fire broke out. There were no injuries reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Redding house fire caused by heat lamps
- Redding Investigators Determine Cause of House Fire
- Redding Fire Department puts out house fire caused by generator
- UPDATE: Welding Causes Fire in Redding Dealership
- Fire causes damage to Red Bluff business
- Redding Fire Department: House Fire in East Redding
- Redding Fire: Faulty Wiring Potential Cause for Tropics Bar Fire
- Redding Fire Dept. determine cause of Alden Ave. structure fire
- Redding house fire leaves family displaced
- Authorities investigating house fire in Redding