Redding house fire caused by heat lamps

Fire crews said the cause of the fire was accidental and due to bedding being ignited by heat lamps.

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 1:42 PM
Updated: Aug 13, 2019 12:24 PM

Update 12:16 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2019 - The cause of the fire was accidental and due to bedding being ignited by heat lamps.

The heat lamps were being used by the occupants in an effort to rid an infestation of bed bugs in a bedroom.

The fire caused major damage to the structure and the contents as well as minor radiant heat damage to a nearby unit.

---

REDDING, Calif. - Fire crews worked to extinguish a house fire in Redding on Aug 9.

The fire was first reported around 12:15 p.m. at a home on Ridge Road. 

Fire officials said there was nobody home when the fire broke out. There were no injuries reported. 

The cause of the fire is under investigation. 

Article Comments

Chico
Clear
54° wxIcon
Hi: 75° Lo: 45°
Feels Like: 54°
Oroville
Clear
53° wxIcon
Hi: 69° Lo: 46°
Feels Like: 53°
Paradise
Clear
54° wxIcon
Hi: 69° Lo: 51°
Feels Like: 54°
Chester
Clear
27° wxIcon
Hi: 64° Lo: 37°
Feels Like: 27°
Red Bluff
Clear
57° wxIcon
Hi: 82° Lo: 50°
Feels Like: 57°
Willows
Clear
54° wxIcon
Hi: 78° Lo: 46°
Feels Like: 54°
One more warm day on Sunday then cooler weather ahead with some clouds and mountain showers possible.
KHSL Severe
KHSL Radar
KHSL Temperatures

Community Events