REDDING, Calif. - Firefighters battled a house fire Friday morning in Redding.
Authorities said the fire broke out around 7 a.m.
The homeowners lost power after the snowstorm and used a generator for heat.
Fire investigator, Mike Ham, explained the possible cause.
"He turned on his generator in order to provide power to an electric water heater and a couple other devices," Ham said.
The homeowners saw flames coming out of a room while taking a shower before they all made it out safely.
Firefighters are not sure that the generator caused the fire.