REDDING, Calif. - Firefighters battled a house fire Friday morning in Redding.
Authorities said the fire broke out around 7 a.m.
The homeowners lost power after the snowstorm and used a generator for heat.
Fire investigator, Mike Ham, explained the possible cause.
"He turned on his generator in order to provide power to an electric water heater and a couple other devices," Ham said.
The homeowners saw flames coming out of a room while taking a shower before they all made it out safely.
Firefighters are not sure that the generator caused the fire.
- Firefighters battle house fire in Redding
- Firefighters Battle Redding Structure Fire
- Redding Firefighter injured while battling Thomas Fire
- Shasta County Firefighters Battling "Creek Fire" West of Redding
- Redding Firefighters Responding to First Alarm Fire
- Redding Firefighters Knock Down 2nd-Alarm Fire
- Redding Firefighter Killed in Carr Fire Identified
- Redding Man Accused of Stealing Water from Firefighters Battling 'Creek Fire'
- Firefighters Battling 10 Acre Fire near Black Butte Lake
- Firefighter Dies While Battling Fire near Yosemite Park