Photo Gallery 4 Images
CHICO, Calif. - Firefighters put out a structure fire in Chico Wednesday afternoon.
Chico Fire Department's Battalion Chief Wes Metroka said the fire started in the garage where the homeowners had a makeshift room.
Metroka said most of the damage was in the garage and the main rooms to the house were not damaged.
Pacific Gas and Electric shut off the power and gas.
The homeowner told Action News Now that everyone was able to make it out of the home safely, including the dog.
The American Red Cross will be housing the family for the night.
The fire was near the corner of Floral Ave. and Glenshire Lane.
This is a developing story. Action News Now will keep you updated with new information on-air and online.