CHICO, Calif. - Cal Fire firefighters extinguished a house fire that broke out early Friday morning in Chico.
Cal Fire says that they got the call just before 4:30 a.m. on Friday at Virginia and Bruce Streets.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire, but the interior of the home was completely destroyed.
The owner of the house, Thomas Lopes, said that his girlfriend and children were able to escape the flames unharmed after they heard the smoke detector go off.
"My girfriend said when she woke up all of the smoke detectors were going off and that's how she was able to get out before the fire took the whole house," Lopes said. "But as soon as she got outside the department says she's lucky to be alive."
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Firefighters Extinguish Early Morning House Fire in Chico
- Firefighters Extinguish Overnight Shed Fire in Corning
- Butte County Firefighters Extinguish House Fire, Save Dog
- CAL FIRE extinguishes house fire north of Chico
- Cal Fire extinguishes Magalia house fire
- Chico Fire Department Extinguishes Fire in Downtown Chico
- Fire Crews Work Quickly to Extinguish Fire
- Cal Fire Extinguishes Magalia Structure Fire
- Early morning fire in Chico leaves business owners frustrated
- Residential Fire in Redding Quickly extinguished by Fire Crews