Photo Gallery 1 Images
UPDATE 2 p.m. - A 1-acre fire on Clear Creek and Honeybee Roads, west of Redding was quickly knocked down by Cal Fire Shasta County, according to our reporter Spencer Joseph.
The small fire was knocked down so quickly just after 1 p.m. because of an aggressive ground attack and massive response from firefighters, fire officials told Spencer.
The fire was located near another fire, the “Creek Fire” that broke out June 24.
Our reporter said firefighters would continue to be on scene for mop up and that roads would reopen shortly.
There was no report of injuries or threats to structures.
The cause of the 1-acre fire is under investigation.
REDDING, Calif. - Cal Fire Shasta County is battling a vegetation fire that is quickly spreading, that has prompted road closures around Honeybee and Clear Creek Roads west of Redding Monday.
According to our reporter Spencer Joseph, fire officials are telling him that the fire is about an acre in size.
As of 1 p.m., it appears that all of Clear Creek Road is shut down and a portion of Honeybee Road as well.
- 1 Acre Fire Knocked Down in west Redding by Cal Fire Shasta Co.
- Redding Firefighters Knock Down 2 Acre Fire Near Hilltop Drive
- Cal Fire
- Cal fire knocks out Paradise mobile home fire
- Redding Firefighters Knock Down 2nd-Alarm Fire
- Cal Fire prepares during red flag warning
- Shasta County Firefighters Battling "Creek Fire" West of Redding
- CAL FIRE knocks down unoccupied structure fire at Kelly Ridge area
- Butte Co. Cal Fire knocks down structure fire in Cherokee Road
- Cal HOPE Shasta Provides Emotional Support for Carr Fire Victims