REDDING, Calif. - Firefighters responded to a residential structure fire at the end of Duncan Lane off of Churn Creek Lane in Redding.
Reports of the fire started coming in around 2:45 p.m. as smoke could be seen from I-5.
Officials said that the fire originated inside of the home and spread to some nearby vegetation. One person was home at the time of the fire but was able to escape without injury.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. Scott Corn, battalion chief for Cal Fire, said that there have been various complaints of burns on the property.
Multiple crews were on scene including Cal Fire, Redding Fire Department, Cottonwood Fire Department and the Anderson Fire Department.
Stay with KHSL Channel 12 and actionnewsnow.com for the latest updates as they become available.
- Firefighters Battle Redding Structure Fire
- Fire Crews Battle Structure, Vegetation Fire
- Redding Firefighter injured while battling Thomas Fire
- Firefighters battle house fire in Redding
- Redding firefighters respond to structure fire on Churn Creek Road
- Firefighters Responding to Structure Fire in Anderson
- Firefighters Contain Structure Fire in Paradise
- Firefighters knock down Palermo structure fire
- Shasta County Firefighters Battling "Creek Fire" West of Redding
- 1 Firefighter Hurt after Quick Knockdown of Gridley Structure Fire