A passerby may have saved a Biggs family from a house fire in their home early Friday morning.
The family is safe thanks to a man who saw flames coming out of the garage and woke the family up around 1:00 am.
Unfortunately, one of the dogs died in the fire, and one is still missing, with a third at the vet being treated for burns.
“It was scary. I know fires spread fast but I never realized it was that quick. It's bad,” said neighbor Larissa Brunken.
The Brunken family lives on Dakota Avenue in Biggs, and at around 1 in the morning on Friday they were awakened by the dad running into their bedrooms saying the house across the street is on fire.
They said it started in the very corner of the garage and very quickly spread from there.
The Mowles family is whose house it was. They didn't want to be on camera, but have 2 young kids and 3 dogs.
Fortunately, the whole family made it out safely largely thanks to a passerby who saw flames coming out of the garage and woke the family up.
“We had their kids over here they were sitting in our driveway we kept making sure they were okay,” Brunken said.
The family says they lost at least $50,000 worth of tools and other things in their garage, including 4 wheelers they just bought a few months ago.
- Fire nearly burns down Biggs home
- Fire crews respond to Biggs structure fire
- Firefighters contain 5-acre fire in Biggs
- Fire Burning On Both Sides of Railroad Tracks in Rice Fields Near Biggs
- Police Looking for Suspects in Biggs Home Invasion
- Biggs Rancher Hosts Christmas Benefit for Camp Fire Evacuees
- Biggs Unified School District receives $9 million
- 30-Acre Fire Burns Near Oroville Homes
- Friend remembers man killed in Biggs hit and run
- Repavement Project Causes Traffic Delays in Gridley-Biggs Area