Photo Gallery 3 Images
SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - A fire destroyed a home near Lakehead in Shasta County on Tuesday morning leaving two dogs presumed dead.
CAL FIRE responded to the fire at 19689 Gregory Creek road at approximately 10:21 a.m. The house was completely burned.
The fire quickly spread to vegetation nearby the house, along with a neighbor's shed.
No injuries were reported. However, homeowners said there were two dogs inside the home at the time of the fire. The two dogs presumed dead, according to CAL FIRE.
As of 12:10 p.m., the fire was completely put out. The exact cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Fire destroys home near Lakehead, 2 dogs presumed dead
- Marine presumed dead in Sierra Nevada Mountains
- REWARD for Lakehead Home Invasion Robbery Suspect
- Lakehead home invasion robbery suspect arrested
- Police searching for Lakehead home invasion robbery suspect
- Alleged Lakehead Market Robber Arrested: SCSO
- Missing Autistic Boy from Lakehead Found Safe
- Fire destroys home in Oroville
- 2-Acre Fire Destroys Thermalito Home
- Fire destroys mobile home in Oroville